Then, start thinking about the latest trend - multiple arcade video games in one cabinet, generically known as a multicade.
That is right.
Now, you can have several, not just one, classic games in a video game cabinet.
Instead of only, for example, Centipede in a Centipede game cabinet - now, you can have such classics as Centipede, Frogger, Donkey Kong, and dozens more classics all in one cabinet.
I can upgrade your arcade video game into a multicade, or
I can custom build a multicade for you (like the one in this photo), or
I can upgrade a dedicated game, like Centipede (photo) into a multicade.
The price is right, too. You can own one of my custom multi game multicades for less than the cost of many arcade video machines (that feature only one game).
Here is more info about cabinet style availability for multicade upgrade.
Got questions? Keep reading, there is a lot more info to follow. Or, send me an email: email@example.com
Remember that custom means custom. You get to choose:
~ the cabinet style and model,
~ the paint color(s) for cabinet front and sides,
~ the T-molding style and color,
~ the control panel layout,
~ a trackball or not, and its ball color (default - white),
~ the number and type of controls,
~ the color of the joystick ball top (default - red for 60-in-1),
~ the setting for the adjustable 4-, 8-way or 2-, 4-, 8-way joystick (default - 4-way for 60-in-1),
~ the marquee style (default - Multicade),
~ the coin door lock style, keyed or thumb lock (default - thumb lock),
~ the control panel color and finish (default - black),
~ the control panel overlay style and color,
~ additional 1/8" clear Lexan control panel cover, or not,
~ Lexan kick plate, $35, or not,
~ the button colors,
~ coin operation or freeplay (default - freeplay),
~ side mounted pinball buttons (Pinball Action), $65, or not,
~ multicade sideart medallions, $95, or not,
~ Plug-and-Play PCBs (more games), or not,
~ monitor: CRT or LCD,
~ you can add a full cabinet matching multicade art set, $395, or not,
~ you can add extras, and your own custom modifications, and of course,
~ the type of multicade games - classic games (like Frogger) or fighting games (like Street Fighter).
More info about my custom classics multicades:
A cocktail table multicade makes for great video game fun.
The early Midway sitdown cabinets, like the one pictured, make very nice conversion pieces. So, if you have a Midway sitdown game, you should let me convert your cabinet for you.
Or, I can furnish the sitdown cabinet, and everything else; including new graphics for the top and both control panels, and a new top glass.
Here is a partial inventory of multicade possibilities:
There are lots of possibilities for multiple game play available in the marketplace. Here is a brief description of a few common ones:
1. Multicade. The original Multicade system consists of a computer and game discs. However, the manufacturer is no longer in business. But, the system is still around, and there may be a new company that has taken over the brand.
The name Multicade is now commonly used to describe almost all multigame setups.
2. Ultracade. Ultracade is another multi-game platform featuring multiple classic arcade games emulated on PC hardware running proprietary operating system and emulation code. The company is no longer in business. And, the name Ultracade is also sometimes used generically.
3. iCade 60-in-1. The iCade is a current, modern, JAMMA printed circuit board (PCB) offering 60 classic arcade video games.
4. Capcom 18-in-1. Are you a Head-to-Head fighting fan? Then check out the Capcom multicade.
5. PlayChoice 10. Visit this link for lots more info about the Nintendo PlayChoice 10 system.
6. NeoGeo. SNK's multi video system (MVS) NeoGeo is a widely available cartridge based multi-game system. They are celebrating their 20th anniversary. Lots more on NeoGeo here.
7. Games Family 1940-in-1 Multigame JAMMA System. Yep, that is right - 1,940 games, and many of the best ones, too.
8. MAME. The MAME (multiple arcade machine emulator) is a computer system with the capability to emulate practically every arcade video game.
9. Williams Classics. Several of the classic Williams games (Joust, Defender, Robotron 2084) are available in one cabinet known as a Multi Williams.
10. Ms Pac-Man Galaga Reunion. This is a great dedicated game featuring two great classics.
11. Multiple JAMMA PCBs. It is possible to install multiple JAMMA game pcbs into one cabinet, and switch between them.
These are some of the more common solutions for multiple game play, and there are many many others.
An important distinction between cabinets:
First, there is an important distinction to understand about arcade game cabinets.
The classic games like Centipede and Frogger are played using a vertically mounted monitor. While there are some classics like Joust, almost all the modern fighting games like Street Fighter use a horizontally mounted monitor.
Most importantly, the game types are not immediately interchangeable between the cabinet types. It is possible, for example, to modify a horizontal cabinet to accept a vertical mount monitor, but the reverse is usually not possible.
The diagram depicts a typical horizontally mounted monitor cabinet. This is the style cabinet used for fighting games such as Street Fighter.
The point is that the style (horizontal or vertical) of your cabinet matters - some will work for a classics upgrade, and some will not.
I can build up a multicade in your cabinet, or in one of mine. Plus, the cabinet can be finished out to your specifications. In fact, I can do a total cabinet restoration for you.
This is a photo of a vertical generic cabinet which I provided, and will be upgrading into a classics multicade game for a customer. Stay tuned for the after photo - you will be amazed.
Don't have your own cabinet? Check out my list of classic games for sale. A few of the ones that can be easily upgraded are indicated with **.
Plus, I have a number of empty cabinets, many of which are vertical style, and would make very nice multicade machines.
An old worn cabinet (before), can easily become a beautiful, nostalgic, and fun (after) addition to your home.
The after, or finished, cabinet could display many custom features: such as, a different marquee, control panel overlay, control panel layout, side art, cabinet color(s), and T-molding color.
Plus, and most importantly, the price is right, too!
All the game possibilities discussed on this page - multicade upgrades and custom classics multicades - qualify for my Layaway Plan.