We have built a great many of all styles over the years, and any Donkey Kong continues to be one of our most popular machines.
There are eleven (11) sections to this page. Just scroll down to view each one:
(1) Screen photos of the three Donkey Kong games.
(2) The classic Nintendo arcade video game cabinet.
(3) Available multicade upgrade options and prices.
(4) An original looking control panel overlay.
(5) Three Donkey Kong control panel overlays.
(6) Let us upgrade your old cabinet.
(7) For the Donkey Kong purist.
(8) More photos, more possibilities.
(9) You are not limited to using Donkey Kong artwork.
(10) Refurbished or brand new cabinet.
(11) World record ready Donkey Kong machine.
The typical multicade system not only presents many of the most popular classics, but also offers all three of the Donkey Kong series classics -
- Donkey Kong,
- Donkey Kong Jr., and
- Donkey Kong 3.
We have had too many to list rave reviews of this beautiful product. So, we will share just this one:
I've returned to the States and had a chance to break in the Donkey Kong machine yesterday. I wanted to tell you that it looks great and we've had a lot of fun with it already. My kids love it. Very nice work.
Click any of the following photos once to enlarge, or a second time to zoom. Then, click your browser's Back button to return to this page.
Donkey Kong Machine Options And Prices -
(1) Here are screen photos of the three Donkey Kong games:
(2) The classic Nintendo arcade video game cabinet:
The pictured multicade is a fully restored (refurbished) cabinet with all new artwork and with a CRT monitor; it is $1,195, plus $75 for its custom designed control panel overlay.
There are a number of ways that you can upgrade the performance, appearance, and game offerings of this multicade.
See section #3 below for list of upgrade options and prices. The base price, plus the price for any of the upgrade options, will be the total price for the multicade.
(3) Available multicade upgrade options and prices:
The base price of a fully restored all new artwork arcade classics Nintendo cabinet with CRT monitor is $1195. Add the following options to the base price to determine the machine total price.
3-b Multicade system upgrade, +$50 to +$100.
3-c Choice of original or multicade control panel overlay (see examples below in #5), no extra charge.
3-d Choice of cabinet color and artwork (see examples below in #9), no extra charge.
3-e A custom designed control panel overlay, +$75.
3-f LCD/LED monitor upgrade (default - add to base price), +$195.
3-g Side mounted pinball flipper buttons (for Pinball Action, lots of fun), +$65.
3-h Powered stereo speaker system (with headphones jack pod), +$75.
3-i Brand new cabinet (instead of refurbished, see #10 below), +$100.
3-j New cabinet includes vault-style front access door (default), or order coin-op style access door (see photo at section #10 below), +$125.
Simply add the price of any of the desired upgrade options to the machine base price, and you have your machine total price.
(4) An original looking control panel overlay can be used, and would look like this photo (#5-a below).
Or, one of our multicade overlays (see examples #5-b and #5-c below) can be used. They allow for a better arrangement of buttons, trackball, and joystick without defacing any graphics.
Or, you can design your own control panel overlay, $75.
(5) As noted above, we offer three Donkey Kong control panel overlays to choose from:
(5-a) Original Donkey Kong graphics overlay (okay, but limits arrangement of multicade controls which will spoil the graphics) -
(5-b) Multicade style overlay with gold field -
(5-c) Multicade style overlay with red field -
(6) Let us upgrade your old cabinet:
We can upgrade your classic Nintendo cabinet into an arcade classics multicade. And, we can restore the graphics, too. A typical multicade upgrade with trackball, LCD/LED monitor, and complete restoration of cabinet with all new graphics is $1195.
Be sure to review section #3 above, as there may be other upgrade options that you would like to add.
(7) For the Donkey Kong purist:
Say you are a Donkey Kong purist - you want to play all the Donkey Kong series of games, but you do not want the control panel altered from its original appearance. No problem.
We can turn off all the other games, except for the Donkey Kong series of games. Mission accomplished. Best of all, there is no charge for this option.
(8) More photos, more possibilities:
(8-a) Donkey Kong Jr. cabinet. You are not limited to just the blue Donkey Kong cabinet.
(8-b) Donkey Kong cabinet with red control panel overlay field (#5-c above) and trackball.
(8-c) Donkey Kong cabinet with original control panel overlay (#5-a above) and trackball.
(9) You are not limited to using Donkey Kong artwork:
The classic Nintendo arcade video game cabinet was made famous by Donkey Kong. But, this cabinet was used by Nintendo for all of their classic games. The base price includes your choice of color and artwork for any one of the following games.
Select the appropriate cabinet paint color and artwork, and you could have:
- Donkey Kong (see cabinets 8-b and 8-c above).
- Donkey Kong Jr. (see cabinet 8-a above).
- Donkey Kong 3 (see photo right).
- Popeye (not available in a multicade).
- Marios Bros. (see the 19-in-1).
- Super Mario Bros. (see the 19-in-1).
(10) Refurbished or brand new cabinet - you have a choice:
All of the above photos are of refurbished and restored original Nintendo arcade video game cabinets. They look great, but they are not new. If you want brand new, we can furnish that, too.
It is better because we have custom designed it for today's components and technology. Rather than for the components and technology that existed 30 years ago when the original machines were built in Japan.
And, it is stronger because it is made entirely in the USA of cabinet grade plywood. Rather than the easily damaged soft material used by Nintendo 30 years ago.
You can upgrade to a brand new cabinet for only $100.
(11) World record ready Donkey Kong machine:
We know you are out there - guys itching to challenge the Donkey Kong world record high score.
As of 9-6-2014, held by Robbie Lakeman - 1,141,800.
We know you are out there, because many of you have purchased this machine from us before for a world record challenge.
But, as we have learned, be careful, because you have to use an all original machine. And, you have to prove that it is all original - like video recording the interior of the machine.
So, we have created this Donkey Kong just for you - an all original machine, completely retored within world competition guidelines (as we understand them to currently exist, but check for yourself).
Here are its features -
- An original Donkey Kong cabinet with all original electronic and mechanical components.
- The original CRT monitor has been overhauled with new capacitors.
- The original game circuit boards have been cleaned, the pin-out fingers polished, and the plug-in chip legs cleaned and reseated.
- The original sound card has been overhauled with new capacitors.
- The original power supply has been overhauled with new capacitors.
- The control panel overlay is new, but is identical to the acrylic original.
- The joystick is a used original Nintendo joystick, but it is hardly used and in like new condition. It is from our private stock.
- The cabinet has been repainted Donkey Kong blue.
- The cabinet side art, the instruction stickers (3), marquee, and bezel are all new.
- The white flat Donkey Kong style T-molding is all new.
- The original coin door is cleaned, straightened, fresh painted black, and the coin mechs work.
- Just like an arcade original, this machine is setup for $0.25 operation.
- The original Japanese poor quality marquee backlight is replaced with a new working fluorescent lamp fixture.
- Includes an original Nintendo back door master keyed lock, with key K6510.
- New front door keyed lock.
- The speaker is inspected for cone tears and replaced if necessary.
Why so much concern with the details of this machine? Simple.
Imagine you have been sweating non-stop for hours in front of your Donkey Kong machine - pushing yourself to the limits of your mental and physical endurance and pushing the machine to its limits as well. Imagine that ever so tediously your score has risen to 1,141,800. Then, at that critical moment in human history, imagine that your machine croaks.
Indeed, to become disqualified, the machine would not even have to croak - just a sudden minor visible glitch would be enough (usually caused by a tired old power supply or oxidation of critical PCB contact points). Or, a mechanical failure might occur - such as the joystick becoming inoperable.
Remember, everything is being video recorded.
The Donkey Kong arcade video game machine was built in 1981. Meaning, not only that all of those electronic and mechanical components are several generations obsolete, but also that they have all seen several decades of use. There is no such thing as newly built "original" Donkey Kong components.
So, our professional attention to every detail regarding this world record ready Donkey Kong is absolutely warranted.
Exterior view of refurbished Donkey Kong world record machine:
Interior view of refurbished Donkey Kong world record machine:
Even if you never set a new world high score record, playing on and looking at this very special all original Donkey Kong machine will be like a time travel trip to the past.
Because, this machine is as close to the exact way a Donkey Kong looked, operated, and played as it was that very first time you saw it in the arcade in 1981.
While we can certainly guarantee loads of fun and tons of fond memories, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will set a new world record with our machine. But, we certainly hope that you do.
And, when you do, when you are being crowned the new King of Kong, please remember to mention our name.
Questions? Ready to order? Send me an email: email@example.com