Hi! I am constantly in admiration of the classic Midway arcade video game cabinet. When it was introduced around 1979 with Galaxian, someone had created what was to prove to be one of the most enduring cabinet designs of all.
Using the same cabinet design, after Galaxian came Pac-Man, Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man, Gaplus, Pac-Man Plus, Bosconian, Rally-X, and, with a minor cabinet modification, Super Pac-Man. Then, twenty years later, Ms. Pac-Man Galaga Reunion. Midway definitely got a lot of mileage out of what was to become their signature cabinet.
Of course, the mystique is that today, over thirty years later, those games and their cabinets are as popular as the day they were first released. I cannot explain our continuing fondness for those video games, but I can for the cabinet.
The classic Midway cabinet is fluid, well-proportioned, and has a pleasing shape. If it were a woman, one could say that it is curvaceous. By way of contrast, a classic Atari cabinet (Centipede) is certainly functional and attractive. But, the Atari cabinet is more straight lined and angular.
In any event, at least, you can safely say that the classic Midway cabinet is a beautiful piece of furniture.
Above, you can see a photo of our brand new Midway-style cabinet. It is a sweet combination of form and function.
Or, we can professionally refurbish an original Midway cabinet to look just like new. The choice of cabinet and the choice of appearance is yours.
The classic Midway cabinet is surprisingly versatile. No matter how you dress it, it looks good. Following are some examples of a variety of appearances and uses for our classic Midway-style cabinet.
If you like the classic cabinet design, you are not limited to just these examples. Indeed, if you can imagine it, as you will see below, we can create the look you want.
Click any photo once for a larger view. Click photo again to zoom. Then, click "back" to return to this page.
Want to order one of these beauties? Send me an email: email@example.com
As the following photos help to illustrate, there are several possible services we can provide using our Midway-style cabinet:
- New life for your old dedicated machine - swap our new cabinet with your old damaged cabinet, see photos #1, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9 below, or
- Create a new machine - use our cabinet and have it look however you want, see photos #2, 4, 8, and 10 below.
You can create a new "fully loaded" machine for only $1995:
- New cabinet with all new hardware.
- Your choice of cabinet artwork, or design your own.
- 22" LCD/LED monitor with IPS technology (not an obsolete CRT monitor).
- Controllers - 8-way ball top joystick, 3 control buttons, 2 start buttons, trackball, and side-mounted pinball flipper buttons (some upgrades also available).
- Choice of control panel controller layout.
- Choice of controller colors.
- Choice of cabinet paint color.
- Choice of edge T-molding color.
- Poly wheels (safe on wood floors).
- Powered stereo speaker system with subwoofer and pod for volume control and headphone jack.
- Thumb lock or keyed lock (default) front door.
- 1,200 joules internal surge protector.
- Front acrylic kick plate.
- Machine is setup for home use freeplay.
- New LED marquee back light (not an old style fluorescent fixture).
- New powder-coat black vault style front access door (not coin-op, but upgrade available).
View of standard "fully loaded" control panel layout:
This is an ergonomically correct layout, and it agrees with the original games' layout.
Includes a 4-way joystick upgrade, adds $35.
Also, shown is a coin-op door upgrade, adds $100.
Classic Midway-Style Video Game Cabinet:
1. Ms. Pac-Man...
2. Create your own...
4. Create your own...
6. Rebuild your own...
8. The Man Cave Multicade...
9. Super Pac-Man...
10. Create your own...
11. Super Value machine...
Here is what the new owner had to say -
We received the video arcade this week and are very happy! It looks great and plays just like the old machines of our childhood. :-)
It's good advertising for our business and has drawn a lot of attention. I will be passing your name and website along to those who want to know where they can buy one just like it.
Thanks again for all of your help.
D. Doxey, 7-28-16
12. Cabaret smaller size...