The purpose of the CPO is two part. First, to add accent color and/or graphics to the control panel. And second, to prevent wearing of the control panel finish (paint, lacquer, powder coat, etc.) in the area of the game controls.
The CPO is usually made of about 1/32" thick sheet polycarbonate (Lexan). Less often, the CPO will be made of vinyl. Lexan is virtually indestructible, whereas vinyl is easily damaged. When a vinyl CPO is used, it is usually covered with a protective sheet of clear Lexan.
The size of the CPO can vary, too. Following, are two well known examples. The first is the Galaga CPO, it covers the entire control panel. The second is the Pac-Man CPO, which covers only the controls area of the control panel.
For example, this photo is of a custom fully restored Galaga, sporting all new graphics including a new CPO.
In the case of Galaga and other dedicated games, the CPO adds distinctive color and graphics to the control panel.
In the case of an Ace Amusements custom built multicade, you have a variety of CPO options:
1) Choice of full or partial covering of the control panel. Partial covering is default.
2) Choice from six solid color CPOs in stock (shown below). These CPOs are standard, no extra charge.
3) Choice to upgrade to a dedicated game CPO, such as a Donkey Kong CPO. $65 additional.
4) Choice to upgrade to a multicade style CPO, example -
5) Choice to personalize your CPO with custom designed graphics. In this case, you may also want a matching custom designed marquee. $125 additional.
Here are color accurate samples of the six standard CPOs that are available with any of our custom built multicades:
Five Solid Color CPOs - Red, Blue, Black, Green, and Gold
One Pattern CPO - Diamond Plate Steel Gray
Below is our standard Multicade marquee. Any of the above six CPOs will color coordinate with the marquee.
You can select any one of the above six CPOs that best compliment your cabinet color scheme.
Questions? Send me an email: email@example.com>